Why Botox Should be Part of Your Beauty Routine
Well, yes! Therapeutic Botox has changed the lives of many. Starting from relieving pains to joint disorders to smile corrections, botox injection therapy is FDA approved.
Who can perform it?
In Canada, licensed medical practitioners, dentists, or registered nurses who have also completed pertinent training in the injection therapy for botox should be the only ones to administer the treatment
We at Magnolia Dental are accepting new patients and would love to help you with your next botox session.
Differences between cosmetic botox and therapeutic botox:
Cosmetic botox is used to remove wrinkles and aging lines from the forehead, crow’s feet, frown lines, and other facial features. It reduces wrinkles by relaxing the muscles.
Therapeutic botox :
What is botox?
The basic mechanism of action of botox is:
Botox in dentistry:
Magnolia Dental, Waterdown is a boutique dental office in Waterdown. We are expanding our clinical practice beyond teeth and gums by introducing therapeutic botox.
Let’s quickly understand the benefits of botox injection therapy :
1. Tension-type headaches
2. Trigeminal neuralgia
3. Bruxism or teeth grinding
Clenching, grinding of teeth, causing pain and fatigue on waking up is called bruxism. Botox lessens muscle activity and has analgesic qualities that are useful for accompanying pain. The masticatory muscle’s biting pressure can be reduced by 20% to 30% with an evident reduction of pain.
4. TMJ disorders
These disorders may be myofascial (related to muscles) or related to the temporo-mandibular joint. Botox injection therapy lessens muscle activity and has analgesic qualities that are useful for accompanying pain.
6. Orthodontics and smile design
7. Denture retention
8. Dental implants
What happens in a session for therapeutic botox?
Precautions after the procedure:
- For 12 hours, avoid rubbing or applying pressure to the treated area.
- Don’t lie down for three to four hours; remain upright.
- Do not exercise for 24 hours.
Medications that enhance bruising of the injection site:
b. Blood thinners
The side effects of therapeutic botox:
- Mild pain and swelling of the injection site
- Flu like symptoms
- Eye irritation
- Mild headaches
- Mild indigestion
Will you see immediate results?
A quick idea about cosmetic botox:
The science behind cosmetic botox:
Wrinkle treatment in Waterdown
Lips Botox in Waterdown
Honestly, a designer smile is incomplete if your lips still look dull and droopy. Botox Injections in Waterdown are immensely popular with dentists for an out-and-out revamped Hollywood smile.
Uses of Lip Botox:
- Reduce lip creases on both the upper and lower lip area.
- Raise your mouth’s corners.
- Eliminate marionette lines, also known as downward-facing lines around your mouth.
- “Gummy” smile correction: Your doctor will administer botox injections to the Cupid’s bow region of your lip in order to achieve this. Your lips will slightly curl because the botox will relax your muscles. Your muscles will cover your gums and allow more of your lips to show when you smile because they are relaxed. This effect will make your lip look bigger.
- “Botox lip flip,” or enhancing the upper lip, (discuss adding a lip filler injection along with botox if you’re looking to add plumpness ).
You can trust us for your therapeutic botox sessions. We are accepting new patients and would love to have you. Book a dental appointment easily through our website, or just give us a call and speak to a member of our team who will be happy to assist you. Magnolia Dental is the winner of the Best Dental Services Award. Have a look through our patient testimonials to see why so many have picked Magnolia to be their dentist in Waterdown.
Find Your Perfect Smile
Need A Teeth Whitening Appointment? Call Us or Book Now.