Dental Bonding In Waterdown
Compared to other cosmetic dental procedures, dental bonding or tooth bonding is easier. The procedure is so simple that it often does not require anesthesia, unless, of course, you are getting a cavity filled! Additionally, it doesn’t necessitate multiple trips to the dentist.
Dental bonding: when is it indicated?
- Chipped, cracked or broken tooth
- Chipped, cracked or broken tooth
- Discolored tooth
- Teeth with gaps: dental bonding gaps can be used to fill them
- Short unaesthetic teeth
The benefits of dental bonding:
- Teeth with minor damage and moderate decay are best treated by tooth bonding.
- It is highly esthetic, and can curate a perfect smile that best suits you
- It blends with your natural tooth color and thus looks very lifelike.
- It is a minimally invasive cosmetic dental procedure
- It is quick and can be completed in a single dental visit usually
- Dental bonding does not require support from the laboratory technicians; they can be perfectly done in a single dental visit.
- Cosmetic dental bonding is a painless procedure; it is an easy cosmetic treatment to start with for anxious patients.
- Dental composites used for tooth bonding are bio-inert and do not initiate allergies.
- Multiples shades and colors are available in dental composites to match the surrounding tooth and the gums
- Dental bonding is easily repairable if broken
- They are a cost-effective cosmetic dentistry.
The dental bonding process:
Teeth bonding is usually a painless procedure, but anesthesia is given if the cavity or the broken tooth is sensitive.
Selecting a composite resin shade that is as close as possible to the shade of your tooth is the first step. Your dentist will use a chart to make sure their choice is correct. After that, the dentist gets ready to attach the composite resin to your natural tooth. They etch or roughen the tooth using a mild acid, followed by a bonding agent application. The dentist then applies the composite resin to repair the damage and molds it to the shape of a natural tooth. The blue LED light is used to drive the setting of the dental composite.
This entails finishing and polishing of the dental composite to give a smooth toothlike finish.
Risks involved in cosmetic dental bonding:
Dental bonding is quick, easy, and safe. There are no adverse risks involved.
If you damage the composite resin, you can get it fixed without worrying about your interim esthetic, because, unlike with dental crowns and bridges, the dentist (generally) barely grinds your teeth. Composite resins, however, are less durable and do not withstand shear forces.
Tips and tricks to care for your cosmetic filling:
- No biting on very hard and brittle items like ice cubes or pens
- Consume gooey and sugary candies and chewing gums with caution
- These fillings stain with time.
Dental Bonding in Waterdown:
Magnolia Dental is a state-of-art clinic that offers some of the most artistic dental bonding in Waterdown. You can easily make a dental appointment by using our website or getting in touch with a member of our team directly.
Dental bonding cost:
Find Your Perfect Smile
Need Dental Bonding Appointment? Call Us or Book Now.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does dental bonding last?
Is bonding cheaper than a crown?
Yes! Dental bonding is way cheaper than a dental crown or veneer. Moreover, it is quicker and painless.
Can a normal dentist do bonding?
Yes, all general dentists undergo rigorous training in cosmetic dentistry to be able to manage a beautiful cosmetic filling.