If you ever had braces, dental crowns, bridges, or implants, you know how unpleasant the process of taking impressions can be. But did you know, there are several ways alternatives to traditional impression techniques? The result with digital impressions is often quicker, and more accurate and ensures easier workflow in dental practice. Hence, it’s beneficial for both doctors and patients. Here we will explore more about digital impressions and X-rays, how they are more beneficial and helps in speeding up treatments for patients, and many more. So, read on to learn more.
Types of digital impression:
Benefits of digital impressions:
- Cost-effectivity: No increased cost for digital impression technique.
- Patient comfort: Patients as well as the dental team will have a more comfortable experience.
- Better treatment efficacy: The interaction between the patient and dentist has increased which has a significant role in efficient treatment.
- Quality impressions: The digital impressions limit the error margin; dental crowns, bridges, or implants can be analyzed thoroughly and placed in a more ideal position. Along with digital X-ray, the digital impression helps to get precise and quality impressions that ensure a better fit to your teeth.
- Reduced radiation exposure: Digital X-rays use up to 80% less radiation in comparison to the traditional X-rays making them safer options for the patient.
- Improved image quality: Digital X-rays produce high-quality images that can be easily enhanced for better visualization. This helps to get better diagnostic accuracy over traditional images.
- Ability to store and share the images electronically: Digital X-rays can be easily stored and retrieved electronically, eliminating the need for physical storage; hence making it easier for dental professionals to access and share images.
- Faster image acquisition: Digital X-rays can be captured and displayed on a computer monitor within seconds; reducing the waiting time for patients; allows for more efficient diagnosis and treatment.
- Environment friendly: Digital X-rays are easy to use and they do not need the use of film or chemicals; making them environ-friendly as well.
Overall, digital X-rays are a safer, user-friendly, environment-friendly, and most efficient option for dental imaging as compared to traditional X-rays.
These days, digital X-rays are used for many procedures including oral surgery, dental implant, root canal treatments, orthodontic treatment, and more.
Digital Impressions at Magnolia Dental:
At Magnolia Dental, we use digital scanning for general dentistry. Now you can also avail of TRIOS intraoral scanning technology in our dental office. With this, you can help patients to create accurate scans in realistic colors and record dynamic occlusion as well. TRIOS patient-specific motion helps to capture the bite properly. Even by using TRIOS Smile Design, you can show the desired smile of your patient in just minutes. These photorealistic results help in patient acceptance and improve the treatment outcome.
Find Your Perfect Smile
Frequently Asked Questions
How are dental impressions done?
With the help of the handheld device, digital images of the teeth and gums are taken. The scanner uses a light source and a camera to create the 3D anatomy of the patient’s mouth. Once the images are captured, they are compiled into a digital model. This model is now used to fabricate and design veneers dental crowns, and bridges.