Affordable Dentures Clinic In Waterdown
They are removable dental prostheses that help support the surrounding gums while replacing the missing teeth in the mouth. They can be full dentures (replacing every tooth) or partial dentures (replacing a few missing teeth).
Do you remember your grandparents’ false teeth lying on their bedside table? Oh yes, those were dentures. Some of us might have already accompanied our parents to the dentures clinic. It involves a string of appointments followed by a list of dos and don’ts. Partial dentures and full removable dentures have lost their appeal in the age of fixed and permanent dental solutions. But dentistry has advanced significantly, and the modern technology at the dentures clinic has much more to offer.
Benefits and uses of dentures:
- You can eat all the foods you could before you lost your teeth if you have dentures. But to keep your dentures in good condition, the denturist may suggest which foods to consume in moderation.
- Dentures rehabilitate your smile and restore your social confidence and youthful look. They not only replace the lost teeth, but also the gum support.
- Modern dentures are designed to be comfortable. They restore the confidence in chewing and talking.
- Your facial muscles start to droop in the absence of teeth. Dentures take the place of the facial support that your natural teeth once provided, helping you maintain your youthful appearance.
- The loss of teeth also leads to the loss of jaw bone. Dentures halt the rate of bone deterioration.
- Because dentures evenly distribute the chewing forces, partial dentures prevent excessive wear and tear on the remaining teeth.
- Traditional dentures are all removable, allowing for thorough cleaning.
- Dentures eliminate the lisp caused by missing teeth.
- The gums and teeth can both be restored with dentures. They come in porcelain or plastic materials that mimic natural teeth to produce a natural-looking smile.
- Dentures in Waterdown are a cost-effective treatment option.
Let’s take a look at the types of dentures:
These dentures can be either for only one jaw or both the jaws. The teeth are extracted, and the gums are allowed to heal before making the moulds.
An over denture is a kind of full denture that is stabilized by attachments that are fastened to the remaining underlying teeth. The underlying teeth are shaped to receive the dentures accurately.
An over denture that rests on attachments that are positioned on dental implants. These are the ideal treatment options for poor jaw bone.
With an immediate denture, a patient can avoid the healing period after tooth extraction. Teeth are extracted, and the dentures are placed on the same day. An immediate denture has the benefit of preventing long periods of toothlessness, but it may need to be relined and adjusted as the tissues change and heal.
Partial dentures (conventional):
Partial dentures (flexible):
These are very comfortable, soft mouldable partial dentures that snuggly fit onto your gums.
Dentures in Waterdown: the appointments and the procedure:
- Check-ups and examinations of the remaining gums /teeth.
- Impressions and fabrication of the moulds
- Relating the upper and lower jaws to record the bite
- Trial with the artificial teeth
- Final delivery of the dentures
The latest trends in dentures can be categorized as follows:
A high-performance polymer that has become well-known in numerous medical fields is Poly Ether Ketone (PEEK). When making dentures, it can take the place of metal alloys like cobalt-chromium due to its comparable strength. It has a gum-like color and is highly esthetic.
The cost of dentures near me:
Dentures in Waterdown for the entire mouth can cost anywhere from $1,700 to $3520 and more. A general estimate puts the price of a full set of implant-supported dentures at around $35,000. For full or partial dentures, you should budget between $750 and $3450.
Find Your Perfect Smile
Need A Dentures Appointment? Call Us or Book Now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best type of denture to get?
How much is a full set of dentures?
Budget anywhere between $750 and $3450 for full or partial dentures.