Aligners for teeth straightening -Invisalign and clear aligners
Scope of teeth aligners
- Teeth straightening and alignment of crooked teeth
- Smile designing
- Bite adjustment to improve chewing
- Correction of tooth grinding, clenching, and bruxism
- Correction of jaw discomfort
More than just teeth straightening, aligners have many other uses!
- Functions as a nightguard to prevent bruxism.
- Corrects TMDs – they are disorders of the tempromandibular joints (TMJ)
- Alters the profile and face contours.
- Improves lip support and lip fullness.
Let’s understand the treatment flow of Clear aligners and Invisalign:
- Diagnosis and treatment planning will be done by a team of certified doctors from Magnolia Dental (magnoliadental.ca). It involves x-rays, scanning, photographs, and a thorough one-on-one discussion with the patients.
- A virtual treatment plan is fabricated and shared with the patient.
- On evaluation, the dentist makes the necessary changes in the plan, keeping in mind the patient’s customised needs.
- The aligners, once manufactured, are shipped to the clinic and the patient is intimated about the next appointment.
- Necessary instructions and precautions are given to the patient.
How does an aligner work?
The aligners are supposed to be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day and are intended to move each tooth by 0.25 to 0.30 mm over the course of a week or two.
Advantages of teeth aligners
2. Comfortable :
you will be seeing the dentist at Magnolia Dental only once in 3-4month. The clinic provides one of the best Invisalign in Dundas and has patients from far and wide in Cananda.
Teeth aligners have types -
- The At Home Aligners are direct-to-consumer alternatives.
- Complex, Comprehensive Systems – Invisalign, ClearCorrect.
But be aware of the drawbacks of at-home aligners to make a wise decision -
- There is no clinical consultation by the certified dentists for treatment planning. This is a necessary step because not everyone’s oral health is suited for aligners. Some complex cases require a combination of braces and aligners.
- The risk of further damage to teeth exists.
- If the treatment does not go according to plan, there may be higher repair costs and possible irreversible damage.
We are the proud owners of an in-house digital scanner. Digital dentistry is booming in Canada. It is painless, precise, fast and sophisticated. We use the 3shape TRIOS wireless impression scanner for restorative and tooth alignment purposes.
Benefits of digital scans in dentistry
- The digital scans of your teeth, gums, and bite are precise. It is more comfortable for the patient in comparison to the bitter-tasting impression paste. The work is communicated to the technician in a jiffy.
- The treatment planning can be done chair-side and shared with the patients.
- See the “new you” after the smilemakeover, with the help of an in-built AI app in the digital scanner, right now!
Teeth aligner drawbacks -
- Patient motivation and discipline affect treatment outcomes.